Virgin Australia Supercars Winton Raceway Benalla 2016
G’day! Back from a quick trip down to rural Victoria for the fifth round of the V8 Supercars at Winton Raceway. Actually, I think we need to officially start calling them the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship now…
It was another great weekend trackside, although mine started a couple of days earlier with the launch of Brian Hilton Motorsport for the new Toyota 86 Racing Series. We snuck in a quick photo shoot at their new workshop at Lisarow before loading the cars up and heading down to Victoria for the race weekend.
It turned out to be an extremely busy weekend when I did get to Winton Raceway. Covering the new Toyota 86 Series, The V8 Utes, Touring Car Masters and the Kumho V8 Touring Cars along with my Supercars commitments. But it worked out well. The good thing about Winton is it’s really easy to access all around the outside of the circuit. Letting you get creative with your shots, particularly with the late afternoon sun on Friday.
It was also good to see Tim Slade pick up his first two race wins. It’s always great to see someone break though like that. The emotion is really great to capture as well, make for even more memorable photos at the end of the weekend.
Here’s a collection of some of the articles posted online featuring either my photos or writing (or both) from Winton. Make sure you check those out:
- Velocity Magazine – http://vmag.com.au/hill-brook-seal-first-toyota-86-front-row/ (Photos Only)
- Velocity Magazine – http://vmag.com.au/slade-goes-top-at-superfast-winton/ (Photos Only)
- Velocity Magazine – http://vmag.com.au/slade-rules-the-roost-at-winton/ (Photos Only)
- Brake Marker – http://brakemarker.com.au/2016/05/tim-slade-breaks-first-victory-winton/ (Photos & Article)
- Brake Marker – http://brakemarker.com.au/2016/05/tim-slade-tops-winton/ (Photos & Article)
- Brake Marker – http://brakemarker.com.au/2016/05/nobody-top-cameron-hill-toyota-86-racing-series/ (Photos Only)
- Brake Marker – http://brakemarker.com.au/2016/05/kim-janes-first-ute-round-win-four-years/ (Photos Only)
- Brake Marker – http://brakemarker.com.au/2016/05/v8-ute-racing-series-round-4-races-one-two/ (Photos Only)
- Brake Marker – http://brakemarker.com.au/2016/05/cameron-hill-tops-toyotas/ (Photos Only)
- V8SC Global – http://www.v8scglobal.com/latest-news/winners-losers-woodstock-winton-supersprint/ (Photos Only)
- V8SC Global – http://www.v8scglobal.com/features/photo-galleries/photo-gallery-winton-raceway-benalla-victoria/ (Photos Only)
Now here’s a collection of some of my favourite photos from V8 Supercars from the weekend. If you’d like to see some of my favourites from the Toyota Racing 86 Series, Kumho V8 Touring Cars, V8 Utes and Touring Car Masters, you can find them on my Facebook page.
That’s it for me from the V8 Supercars at Winton Raceway. It’s a short turn around for me, back on the road in a couple of days to head to Phillip Island for the Shannons Nationals and the Australian GT rounds this weekend.
If you’d like to follow along for all my latest photos and articles, make sure you keep an eye on my social media – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Google+. I’ve also recently joined Snapchat, so if you like to see behind the scenes during these events, my username is: vandersyde.